Specialized systems and component testing
Correctly diagnosing a problem depends not only on understanding how a system works but also on performing various checks and tests and then knowing how to correctly interpret the results. The following are some of the checks and tests that may be done by your local Silverton Radiators outlet when diagnosing a problem:
Tracing cooling system leaks. This might be done by any one or a combination of the following:
- Visual inspection
- Using a special dye and ultraviolet light
- Pressure testing the cooling system as a whole
- Pressure testing the radiator cap to ensure correct system pressures during operation.
- Testing for combustion gas leaks which might indicate a blown cylinder head gasket or even a cracked cylinder head.
- Testing for the presence of stray currents which could cause the destruction of engine cooling system components by electrolysis.
- Checking for correct antifreeze levels
For any specific diagnosis you might need and for all your engine cooling problems in general please contact your local Silverton radiators outlet and they will be happy to assist.